By Daria Belov
The Oklahaven Children’s Chiropractic Center began in response to the needs of chronically ill children in 1962, many of whom in the early 1960s were paralyzed, in braces and wheelchair-bound. Oklahaven founders chose to provide chiropractic care through a nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organization. They relied on the generosity of the private sector who shared the children’s centers vision of natural drug-free healthcare and of other chiropractic colleagues to donate their services. Oklahaven continues to operate through private donations without state, federal or United Way funding for the past 45 years.
Conducting a campaign is easy, and creates “contagious excitement” among patients and clinic staff and communities as many chiropractors and students are taking Have A Heart to community groups, parents groups, health food stores, etc. raising awareness and needed funds to help more children find health.
Reasons to Participate Five-Time Golden Heart Winner, Dr. Howard Berg, said, “It allows the community to see…that you do contribute to something greater and that chiropractic makes a difference in children’s lives. That’s huge.”
Let Oklahaven Children’s Chiropractic Center know that you “Have-A-Heart” and they will send you:
- A choice of 1 DVD of the children’s journeys to health that is yours to keep.
- 40th Anniversary DVD of parents sharing their children’s remarkable achievements through chiropractic
- 45th Anniversary DVD of One Mother’s Story of Her Child’s Journey to Health
- Pamphlets about Oklahaven Children’s Chiropractic Center.
- Hearts to list donor’s name and display in your waiting room, front desk or along the halls to patient rooms.
- Information sheets with details and deadlines for the campaign.
Here’s What Oklahaven Is Asking You To Do:
- Show the DVD to your patients while they are in the waiting room, community groups, health food stores, etc.
- Ask the patients to sponsor a heart by giving a gift and writing their name on a heart to be displayed.
- Collect money donated.
- Keep a log of who donates and the amount. We will thank them.
- Send us your final report detailing your office’s success.
- Achieve the Golden Heart – the giver of life!
“Amazing” and “awesome” were the words used by some of the patients to describe the first time they viewed the Oklahaven video. The video educates patients about the benefits of chiropractic for children and about success stories of the more severely challenged children. You can offer hope & healing to many and make chiropractic the first resort for all. Oklahaven needs your help to change the current health care philosophy.
Oklahaven Children’s Chiropractic Center is located at: 4500 N. Meridian, Oklahoma City, OK 73112
planetc1.com-news @ 9:12 pm | Article ID: 1224130381