It began in 1996, when chiropractic student Michael Dorausch (currently a practicing Los Angeles Chiropractor), had a vision for creating an online community where chiropractors could gather and share information with one another.
He was not alone. Many others; including those in practice, students attending chiropractic schools, and even chiropractic patients, wanted to spread the word of chiropractic on the World Wide Web.
Using various tools of technology, together we would help enable a chiropractic practice to be more effective and efficient and would allow chiropractors, staff, students, and others, a greater opportunity to understand just what the essence of a chiropractic lifestyle was all about. Today, Planet Chiropractic continues serving chiropractors, as well as people like you, all across the globe.
Terms of Service
By using Planet Chiropractic Web sites (“PC Web Sites”), you hereby agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions contained in this User Agreement (“Agreement”). Planet Chiropractic reserves the right to change these Terms at any time, effective immediately upon posting on the Site.
LIMITATIONS ON USE
Copyright and Restrictions
- All information displayed, transmitted or carried on PC Web Sites (including, but not limited to, news articles, reviews, text, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, trademarks, service marks and the like, collectively the “Content”) is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. The Content is owned by Planet Chiropractic, its affiliates or third party licencors. You may not modify, publish, transmit, transfer, sell, reproduce, create derivative work from, distribute, repost, perform, display, or in any way commercially exploit any of the Content or infringe upon trademarks or service marks contained in such Content. You agree to abide by all copyright notices and restrictions attached to any Content accessed through the PC Web Sites, not to alter the Content in any way, and not to alter or remove any trademark, copyright or any other notice from copies of the Content.
- You may make a single copy of the Content displayed on the PC Web Sites for personal, noncommercial use only, provided that you do not remove any trademarks, copyright and any other notice contained in such Content. You shall not archive or retain any Content in any form without the written permission from Planet Chiropractic. You may not distribute (including via e-mail or the Internet), or otherwise make available, copies to others, whether or not for payment or other consideration, without the written permission from Planet Chiropractic. To request permission to retain, distribute or reproduce content, you may contact Planet Chiropractic by email.
* You agree that you are only authorized to visit, view, and retain a copy of pages of PC Web Sites for your own personal use, and that you shall not duplicate, download, publish, modify, or otherwise distribute the material on any PC Web Sites for any commercial use, or for any purpose other than as described in these Terms.
Changes in PC Web Sites
- Planet Chiropractic may modify, suspend, discontinue or restrict the use of any portion of the PC Web Sites, including the availability of any Content feature, at any time and without notice or liability.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Planet Chiropractic does not own or control, or to people that Planet Chiropractic does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- Planet Chiropractic collects personally identifiable information when you register for services such as classifieds, blogs or events, when you use certain Planet Chiropractic products or services, when you visit Planet Chiropractic pages, and when you enter promotions or contests.
- Planet Chiropractic also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Planet Chiropractic cookie information and the page you requested.
- Planet Chiropractic may use information for these general purposes: to customize the content and potentially advertising you see, to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, and to contact you regarding breaking news, or about specials and new products.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Planet Chiropractic will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- Planet Chiropractic will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Planet Chiropractic to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
- We find that your actions on our web sites violate the Planet Chiropractic Terms of Service, or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
Planet Chiropractic may set and access Planet Chiropractic cookies on your computer. Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted at the end of a session.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Each web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Choices about Cookies
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.)
- If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use Planet Chiropractic services that require you to “sign in,” and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings. However, many Planet Chiropractic services do not require that you accept cookies.
Our Practices Regarding Cookies
Planet Chiropractic uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Planet Chiropractic services — for example, your personal “My Calendar” settings on the events pages.
- Display the most appropriate surveys or banners, based on your interests and activity on Planet Chiropractic.
- Require you to re-enter your Planet Chiropractic password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account information.
- Your Planet Chiropractic account information is password-protected for your privacy and security.
- In certain areas Planet Chiropractic uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- Planet Chiropractic maintains licensed SSL certification.