By Michael Dorausch, D.C.
I don’t think I’ve ever been to a seminar focused simply on personal injury but I am seeing more frequent postcards related to colossus software and insurance claims for car accidents and stuff like narrative report writing for chiropractors. Of the many postcards on my desk (still a very popular way for those marketing to chiropractors) was this one for personal injury seminars taking place in 2009. Here’s some of the details.
Looks like all of these locations are for the state of California. 2009 personal injury seminars are being taught near LAX, North Orange County, San Jose, Napa, Pasadena, and South Orange County. The seminars are being put on by an attorney based at of Newport Beach, California. Registration and contact information is 949-719-2499.
Looks like the seminars are broken into two different categories with one being for beginners and the other being for advanced personal-injury specialists. I’m sure it’s expected that most chiropractors would take both courses.
The personal injury events provide 12 hours of continuing education for chiropractors in the state of California. No mention if CE credits are sponsored by any school or organization. I would check for details if you’re looking to get continuing education credits while attending either of these two personal-injury seminars.
What’s being covered at the seminars…
Personal Injury 2009 includes:
• Colossus Updates for 2009
• Narrative Report Writing (for effective narratives)
• Using the AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Impairments, 6th Ed
• Diagnosing the 728.4 Ligament Instability on X-Rays
• Diagnosing Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries
• Performing a Proper Pi New Patient Consultation
• Organizing an Appropriate PI Treatment Plan
• Cervical Spine Impairments (AMA Guides, 6th Ed.)
• Lumbar Spine Impairments (AMA Guides, 6th Ed,)
• Brain Concussion Impairments (AMA Guides, 6th Ed.)
Advanced PI 2009 includes:
• Advanced Narrative Report Writing (for maximum effectiveness)
• Writing Rebuttal Narratives to Defense Doctor Reports
• Billing Codes & Insurance Reporting for PI Cases
• Effective Letters to Combat Med-Pay Denials
• Thoracic Spine Impairments (AMA Guides, 6th Ed*)
• Peripheral Nerve Impairments
• Chronic Pain Impairments
• Upper Extremity Impairments
• Lower Extremity Impairments
• Impairments for Work & Home Disability
• Impairments for Activities of Daily Living
If anyone in SoCal is attending these seminars I’d be interested in getting more details.