Forget what I said on Monday about the AMA and their brief moment of inspiration. These spineless, life sucking whores have decided to retract their plans of banning prescription drug advertising in the U.S.
Score one for the drug pushers, the AMA has changed its tune. What they would like to see now is that all direct-to-consumer prescription drug advertisements contain the disclaimer: “your physician may recommend other appropriate treatments.” That, according to an article on the ABC News website.
Who says organizations do not serve a purpose? According to the ABC news article, the AMA had considered a resolution asking the Food and Drug Administration to ban direct-to-consumer advertising of prescription drugs. That plan has now changed to asking the drug makers to “voluntarily” add the above disclaimer.
According to the article, several physicians said that such a request would violate First Amendment freedom of speech protections. Thank goodness for freedom of speech.
When was the last time you saw a chiropractic patient testimonial on television? The reason you have not seen such advertising is apparently due to such advertising being against the law in nearly all places that I know of. How’s that for freedom of speech? If people get well with chiropractic care, is it a crime to share that information with others? And more importantly, will you discontinue sharing it? It is time to put an end to the conservatism that has consumed our profession.
That was the heading of a public service announcement created by the late Bob Sottile, D.C. The announcement featured a clock in the center of the page. Surrounding the numbers on the clock was the following information…
- Nearly 2 million children are affected with deformities or orthopedic impairment
- One million Americans die yearly of heart and circulatory disease
- 26 million are affected with Hay Fever
- 11 million Americans suffer with chronic migraine
- 4.5 million children suffer with chronic sinusitis
- 7.7 million are victims of Diabetes
- 46% of Americans suffer from chronic health problems
- Many children have unrecognized spinal defects
- Over 28 million Americans have high blood pressure
- 33 million in America suffer from arthritis
- 5 million children are asthmatics
Don’t Wait Until You Become A Statistic.
Sponsored as a public service by: Dr. Bob Sottile, Chiropractor
Bob Sottile was brought up on charges in the state of New Jersey for publishing the above information. Ironically, the public service announcement won an award in the same state for being the best public announcement of the year.
B. J. Palmer said,
planetc1.com-news @ 7:39 am | Article ID: 993134393