FAKTR PNE in Minneapolis, MN
October 3 - October 4
This class is a continuation of the FAKTR Rehab System, focusing specifically on the assessment and treatment of peripheral nerve entrapments. In continuing with the 5 concepts of FAKTR, this course will cover extensive pre and post-treatment evaluation and assessments as they pertain to peripheral nerve entrapments.
Multiple treatment approaches and tools will be introduced, including:
– Instrument-assisted soft tissue treatment (IASTM)
– joint compression flossing
– dynamic cupping (myofascial decompression)
– nerve flossing
– hands-on treatment techniques
– rehabilitative exercises
Attendees will learn how to incorporate a wide variety of rehabilitative exercises for each area of treatment, most of which will be able to be used as a take home exercise program and others performed while manual treatment is being applied. Instruction will primarily include the upper and lower extremity neuro-musculoskeletal system, but will also include the cervical region and lumbo-pelvic region.
Bio mechanical taping for prophylactic application will be covered to round out the treatment system.
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to:
– Assess and recognize the indications and contraindications for utilizing the FAKTR protocol for the treatment of peripheral nerve entrapments.
– Locate the peripheral nerve entrapment sites of the upper and lower extremities
– Recognize the significance of the literature presented in regards to its application to the various phases of healing in an attempt to accelerate the natural course of peripheral nerve entrapment resolution
– Assimilate and demonstrate the proper use of bio mechanical tape as indicated by patient presentation and specific nerve entrapment
– Utilize appropriate exercise protocols with and without soft tissue techniques to improve patient outcomes
– Utilize orthopedic, neurologic and functional movement assessments as an indication for the application of appropriate rehabilitative techniques for peripheral nerve entrapments.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: Call us at 877-489-4949
+ GOOGLE CALENDAR+ ICAL EXPORT