- This event has passed.
Communication Skills and Whiplash Protocol
November 3, 2001 @ 8:00 am - November 10, 2001 @ 9:00 pm
Eastern Caribbean 7-Night Cruise on the ms Veendam November 3, 2001
Dr. Wendy Coren, writer, radio personality & lecturer for Parker Chiropractic Resource Foundation
Dr. David N. Lundquist, principal speaker & consultant for Parker Chiropractic Resource Foundation
Course Outline – Patient Communication
1. Sensory Acuity Training: Shifting awareness to nonverbal cues; Enhanced understanding
of body physiology & how thought processes are reflected in physiology.
2. Communicating on Same Level: Components of Communication
3. Congruency: How to tell what’s real; Building & maintaining respect
4. Specific Data Elicitation: Being in control of information; Avoiding confusion of facts;
Eliciting for clarification.
5. Platform Skills: How to reach & gain comprehension from different people at the same
time; Linking desired responses to specific tangible locations; Staying flexible.
6. Patient Compliance: Strategies for increasing patient compliance through improved
7. Attorneys: Communication with lawyers: in and out of the courtroom.
Course Outline – Adressing Whiplash Injuries
1. Anatomy of a Whiplash Injury: Mechanism of the injury; Factors affecting severity of the
injury; Factors to consider in low impact accidents
2. Common Symptoms & Syndromes Produced by Whiplash Injuries: Common tissue
damages; Where to look for damage & what to look for; How to formulate diagnostic
3. Diagnosis of Whiplash Injuries: Examination & radiological procedures; Advanced
4. Protocols for Whiplash Injuries: How to recognize a malingerer;
Rehabilitative procedures; Importance of progress examinations; Self care instructions.
Fees are $459.00 per DC. $299.00 auxillary personel plus a 67 percent discount on the cruise.